(The Vampire Wars Series, Book #1)
by Dana Michelle BurnettBlurb:Seduction was her gift…He was her weakness…In the small town of Corydon Indiana, witches, seers, and shape shifters live hidden from the everyday world in plain sight. They live under the constant memory of the trials of Salem and live by a code of secrecy.
- When did you first know you wanted to be an author?
I think I always knew on some level that I wanted to be a writer. I used to change the endings to my bedtime stories even before I could read them myself. I would tell my mother: “That’s not how it ended…Let me tell you how it went.”
- What inspired you to write The Gifted and the Damned?
I think part of it was the Civil War. For a previous series, I conducted months of research and it never really left me, another thing that drew me into this story was the politics of small town life. There is always a code of conduct in small towns and those that stray from that can have a rough time.
- As the plot revolves partly around witches, did you do any research into the Salem Witches? If so, what was the most interesting detail you found in your research?
I think the most fascinating point in my research was that it wasn’t just Salem. The same thing was happening all across Europe. The crazy thing to me is that as late as the 1700’s in America, there were still convictions on the charge of witchcraft.
- What is the most difficult thing about writing Paranormal Romance novels?
Honestly, it would have to be keeping my characters from going too dark. I think any paranormal creature would feel isolated in reality and that it would make them a bit more depressing, but I struggle to keep it from being too much.
- Do you have any other books in the works?
Yes, I’m working on the next book in The Vampire Wars series and a new series in the outlining stage.
- What advice would you give aspiring writers?
Read. Read every sort of book you can get your hands on from the classics to modern authors.
About The Author